Oh wow I am not even sure words can describe the fabulous weekend Ken and I got to have together not just away but to NEW YORK! My mom flew out to Boston to watch the boys and we got to take off for a little getaway! It was such a blast! It was so nice to just reconnect with eachother and what a cooler place to do it than New York. What??? Broadway.. no big deal we walked up and down it. It was just so fun! We couldn't stop gawking and saying WOW, look at this look at this... it was so fun!!!!! We may have hit the big SNOWSTORM and to tell you the truth a few times I got quite nervous Ken had to finally tell me to just go to sleep. He would say, "Mandy, we are from Canada we drive in a LOT worse of storms..." lol I guess?? haha. Anyways so once we got there and were there safe we were off to have a fabulous time! We checked into our downtown hotel and got on our warm rain gear and headed out! It was soo rainy and soo chilly but it didn't stop us from checking it all out! What an amazing city! Anyways enough chat here are the pictures!
We start here with the drive to New York.. lil different than we had expected... lol
We got there and I couldn't get over all the HUGE buildings!!!
There were cabs EVERYWHERE... Funny story. We went for dinner that night and Ken said we'll just take a cab to our restaurant. I was like WHAT? A CAB? Are you sure its gonna take us to the right place. lol. I have never been in a cab, also had a small fear of them. We got there all while listening to the wonderful christian music of the driver... while he texted.. downtown NEW YORK... oh well we got there.
There were movie screens all over the buildings like HUGE ones! HUGE ONES!
It really was amazing! We had such a great time exploring!
It was just a raining cats and dogs... lol
This picture is for Judy... She loves mamma mia!
We made a pit stop in the M&M store and OH MY GOSH... 3 levels of m&m's. I've never seen anything quite like it. lol
Look at all the colors, how is one to decide...
Next we stopped at HERSHEY'S. (um... yes, I like chocolate just a little bit...) It was awesome and everything was HUGE inside haha.
Next was the BEST part I would have to say of the WHOLE weekend! Ken and I got to go on a date! We tossed the idea back and forth do we go to a Broadway musical, do we hit up a show??? orrr...... Ken had the most brilliant idea EVER!!! Bobby Flay has a restaurant in New York City... DUH? It wasn't even a question. We got to have the most amazing FOOD by an IRON CHEF. HECK YES!! We had so much fun visiting, watching and making fun of people ( I mean what.???) and stuffing our faces of the most delicious the most insanely good FOOD! We had the most amazing quesadilla for appy's, along with a fantastic salad that had so many flavors my taste buds were going crazy!!! Next came our meal, Ken had Bison and I had a Steak. Oh my GOSH. DELISH!!! We couldn't stop saying how good it was. And lastly, (ken finally let me quickly take a picture of something of the meal lol ) COCONUT CREAM CAKE. I can't even describe. I have no words except... nope no words... It was that good. It was amazing!!! This was so fun and Ken was in heaven being in Bobby Flay's Restauraunt. Ken is a little bit of a FOOD NETWORK NUT! LOL!
And lastly, what would NEW YORK be without a HOT DOG! We were in heaven! It was such a fun trip and so fun to just spend time with eachother!!! xoxo Love you Ken
And a BIG THANK YOU to CYNTH! YOu are awesome for watching our precious boys so we could go away!!
And a BIG THANK YOU to CYNTH! YOu are awesome for watching our precious boys so we could go away!!
I will be posting more pictures of what Ken did on Sunday as I was in my Photography Course! Until next post...


































I am glad you guys had so much fun. One day I will make it to NY and it better be with you guys now that you are so close. Can't wait for more picts.
ReplyDeleteThere is no better place on earth than NYC!! So glad that you and Ken were able to experience it together.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it SO FUN!?! It looks like your trip was a riot! I'm so happy for you, you deserved a getaway!! And uh, you bought something for me in that Hershey store right?! Thought so.
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun!!