Monday, 30 April 2012

Boston Marathon 2012

Wow, what an amazing, thrilling, inspiring event we were able to go attend this year... The Boston Marathon!!! I had so much fun as one of my best friends dad was running in it this year. It's a little funny as Kels my friend and I are pretty close but I haven't actually met "dad" yet. lol. I know "mom" but hadn't seen her in years and so it was really funny as we were cheering for "grandpa" and Zack was a  little confused who was who and what was going on? lol? It was quite adorable and "grandma" took him right under her wing and they became fast friends. The boys fell in love with her and I'm sure they would of loved "grandpa" if he would of stopped to say hi.. lol Here's the story... as Bart ran by we were all screaming cheering GO BART GO!!!! And after he went by we were all chatting and discussing how good he looked and how awesome he was ect ect... Zack pulled on my shirt quite concerned and said, "Mom why didn't grandpa stop to see me??" ahahhaahhahaha OH ZACK! That was classic. We all had a good laugh. Grandma was so awesome to let the boys drink all her water and play with the boys. They just love their new "grandma!"
 A flower for Grandma
 They had issues who got to drink the water.. lol
 So we let Preston have ONE chance out of the chariot. He proved to be pretty good until he ran across the street during the BOSTON MARATHON....
 Then he was put back in the chariot.... lol
 The streets were lined with people... it was an amazing site to see!
 This was insanely emotional as the wheelchairs came by it was hard not to let tears fall. So inspiring!

 This also was another grouping that made it hard to control those emotions of mine... Amazing.
 This was the start of the "elite" runners
 Elite Woman
 Oh and this guy called me the morning of to borrow my lens.... lol
 truly inspring

 This man must of forgot he was running a race for 3-4 hours in the screaming heat... lol he actually looks like he's enjoying himself here... lol
 Soooo many people... soo many athletes of every kind.
 I mean EVERY KIND... a man dressed as minnie mouse?
 I think this guys name was Ryan? lol
 I am not even sure what to say about this man...
 GO CANADA!!!!
 It was extremely hot that day and so ladies in front were passing out ice for the runners to suck on or put on their faces...
 I took a picture to show the ice but then when I was going through the pictures.. this man wore that while running... I would die in Jeans..
 Mom patiently waiting for "dad" to get there!!!
 THERE HE WAS!!!!!! GO BART GO!!!!!!
 It was good to reunite with my "mom" after all these years! Sure had fun and congratulations BART!!!
Just a quick clip from the marathon

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I have tears! I love you so much for going to support mom and dad. It's about time our family all came together! :)

    ReplyDelete