Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Christmas 2011 in Canada

WOW HOLD ON for a REALLY long post...lol We decided to go home for Christmas this year as we have missed our family and friends and so well... here is 3 weeks worth of pictures! We had so much fun visiting well mostly family ( I still feel guilty of all the friends I didn't get to see but we defiantly will catch them on the next trip home!) Anyways we had so much fun and got to be surrounded by the ones we love most... Our FAMILY! We love you all and miss you so much! 
I wanted to start off with the trip home. It was great the boys were AWESOME and I just couldn't be a prouder momma!! ( I know I shouldn't be proud but this momma is sure happy!!!) Anyways the boys were great the first flight from Boston to Denver was a bit shaky? We were a little late getting to the airport because of traffic and so we quickly got all through security and on to the plane... well getting on was where I struggled. LOL! When I flew here from Canada everyone was very willing to help me with the car seat or blankets ect... well lets just say I was basically the last one on the air plane, Zack in front of me pulling a suitcase, me holding Preston in one arm, blankets in the other a backpack on my back and a car seat on my shoulder. (ya pretty awesome) as I was trying to get on this bloody plane I just kept thinking, KEEP GOING Seat 32 isn't THAT MUCH FARTHER!~!! lol That was the farthest walk of my life.  The worst part was... NO ONE HELPED ME.. or even offered... As I tried to encourage Zack that he was doing great and keep moving as Preston wiggled in my arms to get down, the car seat flipping over seat to seat bumping people in the head.... IT GOT WORSE.. Preston had his sweet little grippy shoes and as a traveller I wanted to be comfy so I wore my LULU LEMON pants... BAD IDEA... his little feet dug into my pants (remember I have no free hands here) and proceeded to push my PANTS, ya my PANTS down my legs... oh my gosh... get me to seat 32.... lol So there ya have it I was more than relieved to see that angelic face of my MOTHER waiting for me in Great falls! LOL! The boys travelled great and we got there safe and sound so that is what I am most grateful for... although it makes for a good story haha.
Well we got to Grandma's house and we were just soo excited to be there! IT was Grandpa Wayne's birthday and so Zack and I decided to whip up some cupcakes for the grand event. 
(what tricks he gets to do at grandmas is beyond me....)
 We all came out to the farm (minus Ken) to celebrate dad's birthday!!!
 The kids were great to help Grandpa blow those candles out!! lol~!
 Well let's not lie my waist is bigger than before I left I must admit and I will blame it on this.... Wayne's fudge. Probably the best fudge in the world. I could sit down and eat the whole thing if I could with a big bowl of popcorn I'd be set! Thanks dad for all the yummy chocolatey treats!!!!
 I love Mollie's little face peeping over the counter... its not Christmas fudge without a little taste testing!!!
 Next we did a lot of sledding!! (when there was snow!!!) Zack had so much fun on the sled behind the quads we could of done that for hours!! HE even got brave and let me take him on a few jumps... lol Look at the smile on that boys face!!!

We decided to do 2 Christmas Eve's to accommodate everyone and we sure appreciate that! We had our 1st Christmas Eve at Nana and Grandpas house!! It was so fun to see the kids play together, the delicious food (again) and just being around our family!!! This is Nana and her famous Nativity board!! The kids love setting it up and telling the sweet story of our Eldest Brother Jesus birth


While the adults got to listen and learn... lol
And Preston just being a little devil himself hahah.
Merry Christmas Preston Boy... What a cute little Santa!!
Zack decided that he wanted to try skating with the girls Abbie and Katie. So they all went off for a fun afternoon of skating with Nana, Grandpa, Dad, Tracy, Jason, Abbie and Katie!! (Preston was napping so I stayed home with him)





Everyone was so willing to help Zack learn and I know he loved every minute of it!!!
Zack loved going around and around the ice!!
BUT THEN... we had a little accident. Nana took a little tumble and I swear to you... it was the LARGEST GOOSE BUMP I have ever... EVER felt in my life... Poor NANA! We love you and thanks for taking such good care of us!!!

Auntie Tracy and Uncle Jay teaching Zack how to skate. How cute are these pictures. It makes me so happy to think we are all an eternal family and we get to be together forever! We love you guys!!!



The "OLDER BAKER FAMILY" lol....
Next was our Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa Harris's house. We had so much fun with all the cousins and aunts and uncles! It was great to just be with everyone! Every year dad always does something special. He decides a culture to go off of and we get to do a little celebration of that culture! It is really quite fun! This year was mexican!! YUMMy food!!! But first we always start the night off with the nativity story. ( I love this picture of my dad as this is exactly how I'll remember him telling it to us as kids with those exact same scriptures in the old orange rocking chair!!!)
This year Wayne decided on Mexican!!!! The food was amazing the company was great and the activities the kids died!!! A pinata!!!! How fun!!!
The kids all got to take turns even Presto.... We are a crazy bunch but we sure know how to have fun!

I love Jane she totally covered her Candy the best haha oh Janey... I miss you~!
Preston could care less as long as he got to ride his bike ahhaha.
Grandma always thinks of such special and cool fun things for Christmas PJ's. This year was Monkey's and everyone got some sort of MONKEY Pajamas!! Thanks Grandma!! xo

This was Zack on Christmas EVE.. oh how he missed his sweet "friend-girl for all my life" ( I believe how he words it in the song...) OLIVIA

We finally got to get our cookies (butter horn?) and chocolates and carrots (for the reindeer) and milk out for Santa! Zack wrote him a nice note and we were off to bed...


Then what to my wondering eyes did appear!!!...... CHRISTMAS CAME!!! Santa came!! We were so excited to see what was inside!!!


Zack asked Santa for a few things but what he REALLY wanted was this....

Preston could care less what he got but as long as he had Grandma in arms reach he was just fine...


Grandpa got grandma and ipad and she was so excited. Look at that look on her face! I love that woman!
Well that summed up our Christmas day and eve and we still had 1 week left!!! We did a lot of playing in the garage and a lot of playing with the kitties and puppies! lol! Preston also got his first black eye, although I am certain with his personality it won't be his last...lol
Uncle Chad rented out the rodeo arena and we brought the horses down so we could all ride! The boys had so much fun and the kids all got to take turns! They all loved it and I'm pretty sure we are all Cowboys/Cowgirls now hahaha.



Zack and Ruby... two peas in a pod!! They loved playing with each other and Cody man!!
Uncle Shane and the packed RHINO!

Well then came New Years Eve. We had signed up to do a race (minus Jen) but we had so much fun just chatting and being together without kids pulling on our pant legs.. it was just a really good time! We all did it and finished with a smile on our face!!!

We came home to the most delicious food that the men had prepared!!! Yummo... SUSHI, bacon wrapped anything is delicious to me.... lol... spring rolls, spinach dip yum yum yum...
These two played so much and hard together. It was so fun to watch them develop a cute little friendship. We love our RUby!!!
And this.... lets just say sometimes Mollie... well.... no comment... no comment Mollie hahahha
But who I am I to talk.. this is MY SON... yup as a cross-dressing clown.. yup... that's how we roll....
The kids had so much fun playing dress up and playing in the basement. The kids got this new game for the wii... and well.. its a dancing one... let me just show you how fun and funny it was...

This was another highlight of the night... Preston's laugh is really contagious.. so get your Kleenex out (if you cry when you laugh like I do...)

They ended the night with a good old fashion hot tub... Grandma was so fabulous to get in there with all 10 kids hahaha... we love her. She loves being a grandma and we love her being OURS!!!

NOW I MAY JUST MAY GET BEAT SENSELESS for posting this... but.. I mean I'm in Boston so what are you going to do about it.... haha... this is how we ended the night... oh my good heavens I love my family...We really are lots of fun... lol.. SHAKE IT LADIES!!!
Well that sums up our fun trip!!!  Here we are off and away... that concluded our Canada trip and this was the best picture... KEN WAS WITH ME ON THE WAY HOME!!! What a relief haha. It was so fun to fly as a family back to Boston! We had so much fun in Canada and can't wait to get back there!!! We love you all and thank you for all your support and prayers while we are here in Boston!
Just a few pictures (from the ipod) of our sweet family on the flight home!


This is how we keep Preston and Zack entertained... boys after my own heart... CHOCOLATE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment