So we made a trip to Target today and I have to blog about it to remind me to slow down, take it easy and well... breathe.. lol
Today we went to Target. I needed to get some things for the boys to do and eat on the plane. As we drove there Zack had a million questions as he always does which is fine but as we got to Target it started pouring... POURING. So as we ran into the store soaking wet Zack announces, "MOM I HAVE TO GO PEE" (it really makes a mother so proud to hear those words! lol!) anyhoo off to the bathroom to go. As Zack was going to the washroom he says mom its going everywhere... (I forget sometimes I have boys obviously... ) so as I'm sitting there helping Zack Preston unlocks the door and you guessed it a nice old gentleman decided to come on in. Startled and disturbed I'm sure seeing all 3 of us in there me helping Zack he quickly apologized and shut the door, as I'm cussing Preston to leave the door handle ALONE. Next we try and go shopping Preston is a boy, 18 months and determined. As we tried to get things accomplished the little devil kept pulling things off shelves, kicking Zack down below, screaming and then to top it off started to crawl out of the cart. No problem I thought.... I thought wrong. He didn't just want to get out of the buckle he wanted me to carry him and for him to push the cart. I was getting close to my witts end. So I tucked him up under my arm with his little legs behind me his arms out forward so he could push the cart. Zack then decided he also didn't want to walk and I sat there thinking, "WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSE TO DO HERE?" I have one child who won't go in the cart and the other who won't walk or go in the cart.... HELP!? So off we went two children in arms, one pushing the cart crying, the other wanting to go HOME and then there was the MOM. I am sure my face looked like I had the look of DEATH on my face. I was ready to get the heck out of there... We get to the isle of fruit snacks and Zack decided to help, and in help I mean knock the WHOLE shelf of fruit snacks off the shelf. That was the breaking point. My patients had run up. I GRABBED them both, flung them both under my arm and we were outta there... If you can't imagine the way we looked with one under the arm the other dragging on my leg... take a look at this.
This 100% describes how it looked, felt ect... (the football being preston lol) Anyways, we are excited to come home. We are excited to let Preston RUN free in the wide open Prairies!!!! You have days like this right??? Please tell me I'm not the only mom.

Mandy, I love your blog, and I LOVE this post!!!!! Yes, we all have days like this... or at least I did! I love to hear that other moms go through it to :) Chin up, and try to hold on to your sense of humour. Before you know it, this will be a distant memory - shopping with a 9yr old and a 6 yr old is downright civilized :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE this post probably because I know exactly how you feel. I hope you are planning on hitting up the alumni tourney on boxing day, although I don't know if you will be able to go against a team of 4 wilde girls!!!! If you are too scared, you can just watch. :)
ReplyDeleteMandy I love it becuase your boys are just like mine at that age. We love you! You are the best mom ever and keep up the good work. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas.
ReplyDelete