Wednesday, 5 October 2011

I love my boys...

Well what a week! Its been pretty rainy and not so nice here this week but we still have managed to get out and about finding new stores and GEMS! We have been inside a lot as well though doing many numerous crafts and what not. Here is Zack and his favorite thing to do... PAINT! I swear this child could paint for hours. He loves to paint pictures, his shirt, his fingers ect... lol.
The other night Zack went out with Ken on an errand so it was just Preston and I left by ourselves. Normally when I get these little opportunities to have just one child I normally feel I need to get things done as its way easier with just one, but this particular night was different. I was upstairs putting laundry away as I looked over and saw this little face....
(look at those cute lips...)
How could I not get down and play with him! He is getting so big so fast. I feel so totally and completely blessed when I get to be around my children all day! I can't believe that Heavenly Father allowed them to come to Ken and I. I thank him everyday because they are honestly the sweetest funniest kids I know and I just love them to pieces! Preston has such this sweet personality. He can make you go mental and melt your heart all in 1 minute. lol. Here are a few pictures of his new favorite thing to do. He could play cars all day!


We also have been hearing the frequent question of "mom can I go to school?" Zack desperately wants to go to school! Its fabulous and so scary at the same time thinking that in just 2 short years he really is going to school. Where has the time gone? I can't believe how smart he is and how bright he is. We defiantly didn't do that... lol. He is just a rewarding child! He loves to work in his workbook. We bought him a little preschool workbook that we do once a day (usually when Preston naps) to occupy some time! He does awesome in it and today showed me that he could draw circles!!




We went for a little drive yesterday and found a few gems! We dropped Ken off in Wellesley and thought we would go look for this little bakery that had some gluten free cupcakes! We were so excited! So we got to the place but there were not gluten free ones left but she did tell me of a bakery close to Waltham that has a gluten free bakery as in EVERYTHING in the bakery was gluten free... AHH MUSIC TO MY EARS!!! So off we went exploring!!! We found it... OH. MY. LANTA... we found it. IT WAS AMAZING.. amazing I SAY!!! LOL we got cookies for the kids and Ken and I got the key lime coconut ones oh my heavens. It was the most delicious cupcake I have ever had!Did I mention its only 8 minutes from our place... ya.. not good.
Well enough about those little outings haha. We also have been doing lots of fun things inside!! Lately Zack has been picking everything up and making them into puppets? haha. We have really enjoyed watching his little puppet shows he has been putting so I thought today we would make puppets and a puppet theatre and make videos! So here we are... making puppets and making videos!!!
Here are some of the puppet shows Zack wanted to do today. ( I apologize you have to hear my singing... I realize I should keep that to the shower but something happens when your a mom you really don't care who hears you singing as long as your child has a smile on his/her face!)
ENJOY THE SHOW....

I have one last thing to write about...
This week I was reading a book that my mother in law gave me. It was about mothers and being a mother. This lady wrote of a story about one day as she was in the kitchen doing dishes her little girl asked if she was angry?? She responded, "No, why do you ask that?" The little girl replied something along the lines of your face looks like your always mad. haha. Wow I couldn't relate more to that story. lol. I really try to always be happy and positive but you know sometimes when your out shopping at the grocery store and you are sooo focused you forget you even have 2 kids with you. Its like your on a mission. I am SO guilty of that. I'll be walking down the street with somewhere in mind like I HAVE to get there right then. I sometimes will be out doing errands and same thing I get that look on my face like I am so focused when I should be a little more happier, upbeat and smiling at people. Well I was having one of those days the other day in the grocery store. Preston, Zack and I walked down to get a few odds and ends. I went into the store and the boys started fighting. That didn't make me very happy so I grabbed Preston out of the stroller and was holding him, holding the cart of groceries and pushing the chariot around those tight corners in the grocery store ( I KNOW I had "that" look on my face) when all the sudden two little hands grabbed my face and planted a big old wet kiss on me, then followed with a deep belly laugh that only a mother could love. I couldn't help but stop and smile. 
Sometimes I think in life we need to slow down and remember that those special little ones are right there. They are wanting every kiss from their mommas, they want to be held, they want to help with dinner, they want to help with the dishes (even if it makes more of a mess and takes twice as long) They are so special and I need to remember to stop and just smile. I love my boys so much. I love how they make me laugh, I love how they make me smile and most of all I love that I get to call them mine! 
xoxo
The Baker's

No comments:

Post a Comment