Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Lake Winnipesaukee

So about 12 weeks ago I had a "great" idea that I wanted to do another half marathon. I had been searching for one for a few months but unfortunately the were all on Sundays. So when I found a 1/2 marathon out here near Boston I thought well we'll see how it goes. BUT, once I told Ken that it was around Lake Winnipesaukee he immediately became interested? If you have ever seen What About Bob? you will remember that, that is the lake that dr. Leo goes to for his family vacation. lol. hahahha So we all loaded up this last weekend and headed to the small little quaint town of Alton, New Hampshire to run Big Lake 1/2 Marathon. It was the most adorable, gorgeous place ever!
It was beautiful!!!
So Saturday was the big race for Zack and myself. (Zack ran a race afterwards I'll explain that soon) As the race got closer and closer I was starting to feel more panic and anxiety. For some reason I had in my head I HAD to beat my previous half time 2:17. Well the race was awesome, the people were so fun to run with and I met lots of new friends along the path and my stress suddenly started to fade. It was great fun! Anyways, I finished!!! But the best part of all I completed my goal. I crossed the finished line in 2:01. I was sooo excited!!!!! I was hoping for 2:15 so you can imagine my excitement when I saw that number beside my name! I had trained really hard and it all paid off! I was so happy! It was a great feeling and I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Ken for all the support he gave me. He watched kids while I ran on the weekends and at nights. He slept in the oldest motel and watched the boys while I ran but most of all... He completely believed in me and pushed me to do my best. I love ya Ken! Thanks!!!
Here are some pictures and a short video of the race... It was great. (the time says 2:02 but that wasn't my official time)



 Ken took a awesome video of the start of the race through the trees it rocks!






This was my finish! Sure was happy to see that finish line!!! lol








 Next up was our all star Zacker!!! He was awesome and so so so brave to run that race all by himself behind the police bike and all! He was so so so excited to run his race. He kept asking me if it was the day yet. I wish I had his excitement haha. He was soo so cute. So they all got to hold a little star that had the name of a child who was sick. Zack got to hold a little boy with the name Noah and was so proud. He ran awesome and got a lollipop and "lemon pop" also known as 7-up. lol GOOD JOB ZACKY!!! We love you

Waiting for the race to start
z

GOOOO ZACKKY!!!!


 momma and her boy with our medals! We had such a fun weekend and again I can't say enough how I appreciated Ken and all his support!!! Love that guy.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your race and especially the awesome time. Looks like such a beautiful place to run. Also congrats to Zack...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and ps...you look fabulous after running 13.1m

    ReplyDelete