Sunday, 16 December 2012

Hurricane Sandy

We alive and able to say we survived the Huricane Sandy Storm. Although New York got hit really hard and a few places around here went without power for a while we were lucky enough not to have anything really happen to us. I didn't want to venture too far and so I just took a few pictures around our house and there wasn't a ton of damage like NewYork and those places which my heart goes out to but a few fallen trees and lots of rain and wind.


 Ken went to New York one weekend to help with the cleanup of houses and families. I HAD NOOO IDEA the damage this storm had done. Ken said that some houses were flooding from the bottom and they were swimming away from their homes. Other homes were flooding from the basement up and on fire from the top down. How tragic this was and how wonderful the Church was to organize the group "Helping hands" to go to New York and help clean up this awful mess.
 




















No comments:

Post a Comment