So I am getting really awful at updating this blog... we have been so busy with kids, the gym, pictures, videos and just life in general. We have been playing hard and not much resting around here we won't lie. I finally got a minute to sit down and blog today and I looked through my pictures and well... I don't have a TON to blog about hahaha. We have been super busy with crossfit and filming all their competition WOD's( WORK OUTS). Ken has done a superb job putting together the vidoes for the gym. You can check them out
We have thoroughly enjoyed attending crossfit together and well as a family. lol! Ken watches the boys while I work out and I watch them while he works out. Its been really good for all of us. Zack and Preston have made great little friends at the gym and we have really enjoyed the friends we have made as well!
The boys are always busy. heehee. We have so much fun watching them grow and learn. I have to say I have a love/hate relationship for pintrest as I have found SOO many great ideas from there but it can totally be a trap if you get sucked in too long. lol. So I try and just limit times so I can just find fun things for the boys and I to do! This was an idea I found the other day to make a race track throughout our house we had so much fun chasing each other, having races, playing ambulance/police... it was great fun!
We have had so much fun making little necklaces lately and the boys favourite is this... FROOT LOOP necklaces as we string them through church then they keep little mouths quiet during church. Its a win win for everyone haha.
Preston especially likes fruit loops...
So, if you haven't really got it yet Ken and I have completely gone to Paleo. We have never ever ever felt so good. It has changed our life. Was it a struggle at first? Yup! Do we "cheat" every once in a while...? YUP!!!! It has been awesome as its not really looked at as a "DIET" at all. We have enjoyed this journey and have to thank Gil and Jodie our coaches at crossfit for their help and motivation! Its been awesome learning from them! Anyways the other day again on Pintrest I was looking up new recipes for paleo. (if you ever want to try paleo go look on pintrest for awesome recipes) anyways, I found THIS.....
PALEO CHEESECAKE
YA. I thought WHAT? how is that even possible when we don't have dairy, or bread/wheat/gluten??? Not possible? It is. Its amazing. So this was the process... I soaked cashews all night long....
put them in the blender...
The crust was pecans, pitted dates, and something else I can't remember right now...
That gave us...
So it looked like cheesecake, it felt like cheesecake and OH MY GOSH!!! IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! It defiantly wasn't creamcheesey tasting... but it was DIVINE!!!! DIVINE!!!! It had a nutty flavor so if you don't like nuts don't try it... It was seriously soo good. We couldn't get enough. The best part I wasn't sick after I ate it. I ate my piece, and that was it. No throwing up, no any kind of sickness haha just enjoyed a good old piece of cake. It was amazing! Thank you paleo! lol!
Anyways. That is about all we have been up to. I have had a few photo shoots. Check out this video of this baby... She was as sweet as can be.
We are off to Falmouth this weekend so we will post pictures of that soon! Watch for Ken's new video on my vimeo account this Monday we should have it up as he proceeds to finish WOD 3 for the Crossfit Opens.
GO KEN!!!!!! We couldn't be more proud of him as he is doing awesome in the rankings and keeping up with the other members of our gym! He is AMAZING at crossfit!!! We are so proud! xoxo
Until next time... I have a little boy just dying to play... so thats it for today...








Such a fun post!!
ReplyDelete